Re: (TFT) Updates...

Yes, you're website is what gave me the idea (couldn't remember the name). I'll be using your rules, actually, when I get to real 3d combat (when I first saw your page I more or less instantly ran to the basement, found the heroscape stuff, made 3 melee boards out of it and ran three simultaneous games of arena combat..... not really 3d, though).

I also really like your model collection. I started out in 28mm for models... but almost everything is sci fi. I have a few nice models I made for characters in any fantasy game awhile back, but they are too few and they have no bad guys to fight. And now I'm doing 15mm scifi and western (and scifi western? My photobucket page has my converted Browncoats, if anyone is interested...) so it looks like I'll never really have good 28mm heroes (they are so expensive, you know?).

On the other hand, I have been playing some Two Hour Wargames (great little game company for skirmish games, if anyone is interested..... their swordplay rules actually remind me of Melee in their simplicity..... a supplement they are working on is actually based on ITL right down to how spells work and such) and I once had the idea to use Legos (because they are posable) to create a 'battle report' that was in real time.... as in, the little models looked like they ran around, shot, and died! So my first thought was to use some legos for heroes... but legos didn't feel quite right, they were too small, and didn't have enough variety in weapons (although they have plenty of variety in persons). Then I remembered Playmobils, the big brother of legos..... and realized they were perfect for the setting. When I was little my brother and I and our friends would actually do our RPGs in massive playmobil worlds, so I guess part of it may be nostalgia. Well, RPG might be the wrong term... but its close enough. And as we got older it expanded to be more RPG-like. And eventually we used melee for those rules (I'm a second-generation melee player: yes, we exist) when our dad introduced us. So now, 15-20 years later, its kinda interesting that the playmobils will be back in action. Not to mention, now that my brother lives near me after his latest move, he will be involved as well.

Anyway, the playmobil melee stuff is on pages 1 and 2, and the Browncoats are on page 3.
http://m750.photobucket.com/albums/Mejobo/