(TFT) boing

I ironicly discovered the 80000 character limit on a single message with a post entitled "A Teeny Tiny Dungeon".

Jay continues to shoot par for the course of life...

How about like this?

As the second door was breached the hiss of escaping air almost extinguished
Carters candle; "but presently , as my eyes grew accustom to the light,
details of the room within emerged slowly from the mist, strange animals,
statues, and gold - everywhere the glint of gold. For the moment - an
eternity it must have seemed to the others standing by - I was struck dumb
with amazement, and when Lord Carnarvon, unable to stand the suspense any
longer enquired anxiously  'Can you see anything?', it was all I could do to
get out the words 'Yes. WONDERFUL things!'"
-Howard Carter, Nov 26 1922

This is an experiment in inventory description and packing problems.
I'll desperately try and hold off the babble on this fascinating topic
(discovered indirectly owing to one of the worlds first serious automobile
accidents in 1902 for example) until I get through this.

http://www.thebanmappingproject.com/

Excavations began Nov 1 along a line of workmen's huts from the construction
of the tomb of Ramesses VI (~200 years after Tut) that had been abandoned a
few seasons before (1920/21) by Carter, reasoning that such humble
structures wouldn't be built over a royal tomb as well as the fact that the
sand and rock beneath the location was evidently laid down by flood waters.
Having determined around 1914 that the only area in the valley that hadn't
been cut across to bedrock with archaeologist's trenches was a small
triangle bounded by the tombs of Ramesses II, Merneptah, and Ramesses VI
Carter returned to the site of the huts simply because there was no place
left to dig.
Carter's work crew was about 50 men and boys paid about a shilling a day
working from sun up to sunset, men filling rush baskets and boys carrying
them to vacant ground to be emptied and returned, tens of thousands of tons
of rock and sand trip after trip.
By Nov 2 limestone rubble began to emerge and a layer of flint chips was
uncovered early the next day.
This was a mildly encouraging discovery as rocks of this type were often
used to block the entrance of royal tombs.
By the evening of the third bedrock was reached.
Carter arrived on site the morning of the fourth to find the crew in a state
of solemn silence.
His reis (foreman) approached most cheerfully and informed him that a step
had been uncovered underneath the first hut site to be removed along the
line of the trench.
As the rubble was removed from the stairway the top of a doorway emerged
bearing the seals of the necropolis guard (Anubis the jackal god standing
above nine defeated foes).
Although the entry showed evidence of two holes having been cut into the
upper portion, the damage had been repaired and bore the seals of the
necropolis.
The seals were intact.
Carter had the tunnel refilled, posted guards, and telegraphed Carnarvon;
"At last have made wonderful discovery in valley; a magnificent tomb with
seals intact; re-covered same for your arrival; congratulations."
Carnarvon made arrangements and replied to Carter that he would arrive in
Alexandria on Nov 20, the trip from London to Luxor taking a week or more
via train and ferry compared to a modern 5 or 6 hours.
Over the next several days Lord Carnarvon and his daughter Lady Evelyn
Herbert watched from folding chairs shaded by parasols as the 16 steps were
cleared, the entrance door removed, and the rubble filled entry passage was
excavated.
Anxiety remained high however as the blocked entrance passage showed clear
evidence of having been tunneled through the fill ages ago.
By Nov 25, a second door had been uncovered at the end of the passage it too
showing signs of being broken through and repaired.
"The next day following," Carter wrote of November 26, "was the day of days,
the most wonderful I have ever lived through."

So much for holding back the babble.