(TFT) Foot races again

Foot races:

1) Initiative has nothing to do with foot races. Initiative is about combat maneuvers, not who starts running in a structured sport race.
2) In TFT, I would use MA first, then roll 3d6 for everyone against (ST + DX + body height in meters x 10 - body weight in kg divided by 20 - weight carried in kg + 4 if you have Running talent).
3) If the running races were going to be a big deal, I would import/convert the GURPS running rules as well.
4) If it was going to be even more of a big deal, then I'd add some house rules.
5) If running races were going to be a central part of the game, then I'd go slightly Jay and look at statistics and correlate them to the game stats.