Re: (TFT) Goblin port

Quoting Ross Gottlieb <baron43@att.net>:
I don't know how old these "kids" are that you are referring to, but, my 6-year old son, can do 30 fingertip pushups, Max. And about 50-60 regular pushups when
he's maxing out. When he does his "official" workout, he does 7 sets of 30
regular pushups in about 15 minutes. But, he is a good athlete!

Jay Carlisle <Jay_Carlisle@charter.net> wrote:

>Getting back to athletics for a bit. > >More on the u.s. army's 6-12 conditioning project circa 1970's.

..
>Each exercise is performed over a period from 1 to 6 minuets total. >From my experience with the thing (10 weeks into it) the idea is to complete >the 12 minuets without being winded. i.e. very low fST.

This sounds like a deriviative of the Canadian Air Force excercises (which originated in the early 60's), except that the performance criteria are different. You're supposed to be winded when you're done. If you're at a level where you can reliably perform the excercises, you're at too low a level (though they do say that you should perform a level for something like 3 days before moving up, just to make sure.). As well, the CAF version has levels that 'normal' people shouldn't be able to perform (they're for competing athletes). That program was formulated to allow the CAF personnel to work out in no more space than it takes to stand and lie down, and without any equipment whatsoever. My mother found this back in the 70's, and I have a copy packed away. When I was in high school, I was up at the competing athlete level. Not quite so much any more. For example, the lowest level of pushup is simply raising your head from the pushup position. The highest level is a pushup where you slap your chest at the top (like a hand clap pushup, but a bit more difficult. Our wrestling coach had a level beyond that. You pushed up, and had to spin about your long axis. Required explosive strength, a fair bit of coordination, and some technique. They were a stone bitch.)

Neil Gilmore
raito@raito.com