Re: (TFT) Goblin port

Donbt wave twinkies at the pudgy girl with the bad rhinoplasty.
There may be yes, yes in her eyes but therebs no nose on her face.

Now that Ibve said that I can say this.

I am continuing work on the Goblin port but the past few days have involved learning about north England. Ibm sure nobody wants to hear too much about soil types or Ancient Woodlands or land use planning in the U.K., what DEFRA is, or the RFS, or so on.
http://www.magic.gov.uk/
I seem to have a TON of leeway here for dropping in forests, removing reservoirs, and otherwise remaking the environment for a more medieval type setting. As might be inferred from the start of this Jay can only absorb so much info so quickly (study time, strongly related to IQ and Jay's lack), so Ibll switch gears for a bit while I consider how to set the thing up. It may seem silly but how the land is laid out will go a long way in determining things like construction methods.
No reason to describe adobe construction with plenty of trees around.
Looks like I could use lots of oak.
Log cabins?
Joe Hero w/ST 30 doesnbt get to punch through 2 ft thick logs, but therebs plenty of water around for mills. To saw up the logs Ropp says to allow for the slab and saw cut then bfrom the square of the diameter (in inches {minimum of 12}) subtract 60, multiply the remainder by half of the length (in feet) and point off the right bhand figure.) By this method he shows that a 25b diameter log 16b long provides 452 square feet of boards.
The player/builder gets a lot more coverage for his material.
A Pumphrey brother might be shoulder ramming their way through a wall made of boards ifbn they want. Of course, mix in plenty of hazel and coppice it and they might be building with wattle and daub.
I might be able to shoot a long bow through thatb&
Probably not now that I think of it.
Anyway, the patch of Ancient Woodlands I've found below Newcastle gives me an idea of what the lumber resources might be in an olde school forest.
The patch also points out that those resources are limited.

Oh yeah, I screwed up and told a couple of play testers that I can do organized make-believe and once they got the idea I asked what kinda story they would like to try.
I'm stuck with a handful of vampire sessions as a result.
Frame your game carefuly... although I got away with getting to pick the local myself.
Fine, it's north England.
I try and make my research do multipule duty if'n I can.