(TFT) Re: TFT Digest V4 #70 (various)

From: Ross Gottlieb <baron43@att.net>
LOL - No offense taken; a strong hobbit indeed!

No kidding. I suppose if we meet I'd better call him "sir"!

From: Joey Beutel <mejobo@comcast.net>
... I've always thought
Melee does a pretty good job of making people who are good or even great be GOOOD or GREAT, but not in a DND, "can't be killed by a knife while your asleep because youre level 20" sorta way.

Agreed. A ST13/DX11 guy with a halberd gets your attention almost no matter how advanced you are. Four of them *really* gets your attention.

From: "Jay Carlisle" <Jay_Carlisle@charter.net>
Ouch!
I just busted my tucus trying that.

Sigh. Now I'm going to have to get hurt trying this.
I'll wait until I get home, so the family can dial 9-1-1 for me.

Just to make sure I've got it, the drill is start on the floor, push straight up, pick up hands, rotate about head-to-foot axis so I face (briefly) at the ceiling, and get all the way around so my hands are under me before I get back to the floor, then check in for outpatient rhinoplasty, right?

From: "Jay Carlisle" <Jay_Carlisle@charter.net>
I'm stuck with a handful of vampire sessions as a result.

Sigh. What is it with the 6 foot mosquitoes? They're everywhere these days. The "Twilight" effect. Sigh.

Kung Fu 'one inch' punch ~600 lbs force; flying double kick ~975 lbs
Karate straight punch 800 lbs; side kick 1000 lbs
Taekwondo punch 900 lbs; spinning back kick 1575 lbs
Boxing punch 1000 lbs
Muay Thai grappled knee strike ~2200 lbs (~35 mph)
Pumphrey elbow strike or head butt ~2200 lbs (~35 mph)
55 lbs @ 35 mph ~2200 lbs
5' 10" 156 lbs ideal (139 / 173 range)
6' tall at ~165 lbs ideal weight by Hamwi formula. (147 / 183)
6' 4" tall ~184 (163 / 204)
6' 11" tall at ~ 220 lbs ideal. (195 / 244)
Pumphrey shoulder ram ~4000 lbs

Craig Pumphrey 6' 4" 250 lbs
Paul Pumphrey 6' 4" 235 lbs
Jay 5' 10" Notpumphrey 165 lbs
http://www.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=675
(a discussion of many of the Figures involved in generating the above data
and some of the limits of the measurements)

Some of those are really surprising. Flying double kick < 1/2 of an elbow strike? Wow.

--
						- Mark     210-379-4635