(TFT) syncronicity (unicode)

I awoke this morn to the gentle explosions of black powder cannon and musket fire. bWhat in the wide wide world of sports goes hereb says I, albeit with fewer syllables and cruder phrasing.
Oh yeah, Labor Day weekendb&
Therebs an american Civil War enactment this weekend at Fort Stevensb& I have no idea why but there is.
Last month the SCA, this month black powder weapons.
My practical information is coming to me without my having to do much but wakeup and walk through the backyard to Fort Stevens. (Google Earth 64 Tyee Hammond, OR to see the areab& yes Ibve still got the Sunset Beach place but this became available and has a couple of advantages like being tied to an actual sewer meaning Jay doesnbt have to dig leach lines every year or so and the like.) So I get back a little while ago and check my news while listening to bWait, Wait donbt tell meb and while browsing through all the bitching about Hawkingbs book-selling jibe I come across the following.

bThe argument over whether the universe has a creator, and who that might be, is among the oldest in human history. But amid the raging arguments between believers and sceptics, one possibility has been almost ignored b the idea that the universe around us was created by people very much like ourselves, using devices not too dissimilar to those available to scientists today.b
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/space/7972538/Are-we-living-in-a-designer-universe.html

Well duhb& Ibve been saying that I created the multiverses in my bbasementb for quite some time.
Ibve also decided that I must have created myselfb&

bWilliam James (father of American psychology) supposedly had a conversation with an old lady who told him the Earth rested on the back of a huge turtle.
bBut, my dear ladyb, James asked, bwhat holds up the turtle?b
bAhb, she said, bthatbs easy. He is standing on the back of another turtle.b
bBut would you be so good as to tell me what holds up the second turtle?b
bItbs no use, Professorb, said the lady, avoiding a logical trap. bItbs turtles, turtles, turtles, all the way down!b

Then bWait, waitb&b spits out something interesting.

bRust on a nail from a Roman sandal found in newly discovered ruins in North Yorkshire appears to contain fibres which could suggest that a sock-type garment was being worn.b
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/7964516/Romans-wore-socks-with-sandals-new-British-dig-suggests.html

This ties, or rather straps, together the Pacific Northwest, Romans, and North Yorkshire in quite the odd fashion.

Is that last a double paronomasia?

Maybe unicode will work better...