Re: (TFT) syncronicity (unicode)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jay Carlisle"
To: tft@brainiac.com
Subject: Re: (TFT) syncronicity (unicode)
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 00:30:31 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Nicole" Subject: Re:
(TFT) syncronicity (unicode)

> Jay,
> I'm not Auden surprised that Romans wore socks with their sandals.
> This country is often wet and cold.
>
> Roman Wall Blues Over the heather the wet wind blows,
> I've lice in my tunic and a cold in my nose.
>
> .... Piso's a Christian, he worships a fish;
> There'd be no kissing if he had his wish.
> -- W H Auden
>
> Heck, I'm wearing socks with my sandals now and I'm sat in my office...

I may have got the whole point but this part made me LAUGH!
Classic Sir!
=====

Jay,
This synchronicity thing has me intrigued.
I'm inclined to follow it just to see where it leads to.

My work-socks have the days of the week on them.
Thursday is a purple day.
My sandals have Left and Right.
I find it helps...
:o)

I found another web link for Roman British info:
http://www.roman-britain.org/main.htm

This has a load of good stuff on in very accessible form.

For a Roman British game you would be much better off using nymphs, satyrs, centaurs, gods and monsters, etc. The creatures of classic (Latin/Greek) mythology or of Celtic Mythology for the native monsters.

Orcs, Goblins, Trolls, Elves and Dwarves are of Norse/Germanic origin, they came over with the Anlgo Saxons and Vikings.

If you want to run a Dark Ages campaign, you can include Arthurian myth.
Now we're cooking with diesel!

If you want Medieval England, you would be much better off starting with the Domesday book. 1066 and all that.

http://www.domesdaybook.co.uk/

Have fun,

Chris

Chris Nicole