Re: (TFT) world on a "standard" (?) table map...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jay Carlisle"
Subject: Re: (TFT) world on a "standard" (?) table map...

North American Range Plants
http://books.google.com/books?id=epqO5Z4ExtcC&printsec=frontcover&dq=range+plants&source=bl&ots=4ocdOTqyDv&sig=DL7d1k5SlB0NM1_TN_6Y6AZ5zHc&hl=en&ei=XdkHTfnwC8_wsgaRxMXmDQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=16&sqi=2&ved=0CHAQ6AEwDw#v=onepage&q&f=false

Planet building is a heady thing.

Concerning this book I wanna sound off about something.
I was inflicted with the movie Avaitar recently.
Camerons view of alien flora struck me as being something like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avjmBiH89M8
I find this funny not only because of a childhood reference but because my Figure-foot-placement system uses a square grid just like this. Laugh about it while you can monkey-boys but I have been doing "motion capture" RPGs for quite a few years before the 'consoles' caught up to me. Act out the manuver you want your Figure to attempt and I'll use the Flexable, Visable, Scale-man to show the Action in the Figures enviroment and we'll see what the die-roll needed for success is.
"BANG!, your dead" ought to be fair.
The movie director went for a visual unsuported by biological information IMO. In other words, Cammeron wanted a pretty picture w/o explaining how he got there.
Waterfalls from floating islands?
VERY poor art IMO.
Make it work on a informational level and THEN pick out the areas that are going to be "pretty" from a metric like that. He is thinking from a "movie camera" POV while I'm trying to deal with something deeper than the pictures. I'm trying to make enviroments that player Action affects the "picture" that is presented at a given point on the Timeline of the Campagin. JC is a poor match for JC conceptually, although he tops JC visually... or died for our "sins" which makes JC MUCH better than JC or JC. WTF? =====