To: <tft@brainiac.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2011 7:38 AM
Subject: Re: (TFT) Rule clarification

Must be a pretty old version of Melee to have chainmail at -4DX.
The only TFT Plate I've ever seen at -5DX is Half Plate (Advanced
Melee and ITL), which only stops 4 points per attack.

In other words, having seen many many many sources of TFT armor
values, standard chain and plate are -3DX and -6DX. I don't recall
ever seeing -4DX or -5DX for those (except Fine Plate at -4DX, and
I do think maybe I remember someone saying some old crusty original
version of Melee had chainmail at -4DX, but that's just a curiosity
to me, not a rival rule possibility, though surely some culture
could have inferior chainmail-making techiques if the GM wanted it
that way,