Re: (TFT) Wizard mods - out of balance?

Its an interesting discussion that I could be persuaded on, but I disagree with your (non)proposal.

As for an actual.... not so much proposal, more question:
Its been brought up that starting characters in TFT are pretty powerful compared to their counterparts in other RPGs (specifically, DnD).

Personally, I think this is good, as it means my starting character will be far from 'legendary' but will already be able to at least put up a fight/pick a lock/cast a few spells.

However, using the 32 points as a 'standard' for most NPCs (farmers, guards, levied spearmen, etc) its been suggested that 32 points (and perhaps more importantly, the number of talents this usually entails) are too many.

Thoughts?