Re: (TFT) General Test of ITL -- Hex grid & ranges.

Hi David,
  This is actually one of the places where the
campaigns that have spun off from mine differ
from my rules.

-- I would say, the map has the Mh printed on
it.  We use those.  Nice and simple.  Yes, on
occasion you can be in a situation where the
target is out of range because the hex grid is
against you.  But it all evens out in the end.

-- The other GM has said that this bugs him so
he has a house rule which converts all Mh
ranges in spell and missile weapon descriptions
to ranges in hexes.  Yes it takes longer to
count out ranges of missiles using hexes rather
than pairs of Mh, but he never has the situation
where a spell can be cast on someone 6 hexes
away in one situation and can't be in another.

Since it takes house rules to convert Mh ranges
to hex ranges, I would say it is pretty obvious
that the first is TFT cannon.

Warm regards, Rick.