RE: (TFT) General Test of ITL Knowledge

Rick Smith wrote

-- I would say, the map has the Mh printed onit. We use those. Nice and simple. Yes, onoccasion you can be in a situation where the target is out of range because the hex grid isagainst you. But it all evens out in the end.

Joe Hartley wrote

I agree with the wizard's player. The targeted hex is not in a hexconnected with a straight line to the wizard's, but has that slightbend, so I'd rule the slinker to be toast.

Cris Fuhrman wrote

I would play this with the center being the shooter, caster, etc. The fixedmega-hex concept is one of convenience for the original Melee map(simplicity vs accuracy).

Neil Gilmore wrote

On my maps, the megahexes are always present, and we use them. So the player's whines are moot. I doubt that I'd get those complaints in my game, as we'd have already been using the printed megahexes.
Therefore, the ruling would be 'tough noogies'.

Marc wrote

Hmm, I'd figure the best he could cast would be Magic Fist since I wonder what kind of IQ would be required to think that it might be a good idea to hide a gem necklace under your clothes while sleeping.

Peter wrote

* We always played by the book (Wizard and Advanced Wizard, in this case, rather than ITL, which I don't remember giving a conflicting opinion on the matter), which says you use the megahex grid, not place another overlay of megahexes centered on the player.
* After play, we could debate what the best house rule would be.

Rich wrote

I think that the gm cheated duringthe slinkers movement. The slinker should have ended its turn picking up thegem and not spend 3MA to do it on the run.

Here is my prepaired one sentence answer.

The slinker has to stop and attack, giving the awakened wizard a chance to strike back. This alone would negate the need for him to try sending the 7-hex fire down the corridor.

David Michael Grouchy II

SLINKERS

   These strange little creatures look something like a cross between a rat and a monkey. They live both in forests and underground. A slinker has ST 2, DX 14, IQ 6, and MA 14. Thear are attracted to bright things, and try to steal them; a slinker den may have real treasure! One or more slinkers may also jump onto a person and try to grab at a small, bright object; if the slinker _ _ _makes his DX roll,_ _ _ he gets the object. Treat this as an attack for melee purposes; therefore, you will have a chance to kill the slinker before it can run away. However, slinkers are hard to hit . . . -3 DX to strike at one. A slinker might be able to grab a necklace or a dagger, or jeweled ornament; it would not be able to carry off a weapon, or steal a ring except from an unconscious person.

   Slinkers fight as do cats, but only when cornered or defending their young. A baby slinker is worth up to $800 because it can be taught amusing tricks . . . such as entering the windows and opening doors from the inside.

Many thieves have pet slinkers!

ITL page 62