Re: (TFT) General Test of ITL Knowledge

On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 13:22:53 -0500
David Michael Grouchy II <david_michael_grouchy_ii@hotmail.com> wrote:
> The slinker has to stop and attack, giving the awakened wizard a chance to
> strike back. This alone would negate the need for him to try sending the
> 7-hex fire down the corridor.

This does not answer the question you asked, which was:
"  O.K.  Here's the problem.  The hex the wizard choose to target is
outside of his mega mega hex.  By the lay out of the mega hexes one
can clearly see that his target hex is in the first hex of the
second mega hex.
  The player of the wizard argues that HE IS the center of the mega
mega hex.  Not the arbatrary shape of the melee hex grid.  He
further argues that magic is not tied to the lay of the land but
comes from his strength, so he should be able to target the
indicated hex.
  How would you rule?"

The way the question was worded, you'd already had the slinker
snatch the gem.  Minus a point for bad GM'ing.  The player has not
pointed out that the slinker has to stop, but I'd argue that while
the player might catch such an error, it's not his responsibility
to make sure the GM has followed every rule.

The GM has also apparently allowed the wizard to cast immediately
upon waking.  Unrealistic, and another point off for bad GM'ing, but
again, not relevant to the question asked.

Rocks fall, everyone dies.  Next!