Re: (TFT) Sports stuff

----- Original Message ----- From: "Margaret Tapley"
Subject: Re: (TFT) Sports stuff

One eighth of a mile is 660 feet or 82.5 hexes which is a furlong.
The furlong is a unit of agricultural measure describing how long a
furrow is in 1 acre.

So if you decide to plow 1 acre, that means you made 660 feet of
furrow? Given that an acre is 43, 560 square feet, that's not very
heavy coverage. And historically, an acre was the amount of land one
yoke of oxen could plow in a day. They could only drag the plow 660
feet in a day? I knew oxen were slow, but dang...

Wait, I just noticed something. 660^2 = 435600 = 10 x 43560. So 1
square furlong = 10 acres.

Dang it, Jay, your obsession is catching ;-)

- Meg

hee hee hee

an acre in medevial terms was a chain wide plus a furlong long...

crops do best on the edges of a field so medieval "fields" were long and narrow.

I try to "feed" the "Orc's" I send at players

What is a "Kings" job? =====