[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
(TFT) MA issues, proposed fix
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: (TFT) MA issues, proposed fix
- From: Margaret Tapley <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 18:08:52 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=sbcglobal.net; s=s1024; t=1304550533; bh=DRtchPyk++DJo+WjSMAMZ8m6uqHfbLDin6qG65GIKF8=; h=Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-Id:From:To:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Mime-Version:Subject:Date:X-Mailer; b=CAVrS0nDL6X7HaT5o23eyTZIqKgYOYm5yxM1iGqohGnuOL0RTw7uLnv3HjyTdIggV6TUDCbzeYe6ZyreUlVpJ42q+keG4Y+NlNQ58ys6wAag84Rq1WPhjpnSkKj+XjMJXjxIlYU2GwrUqeun7sFeLA1n25gOs2Qmk8QVQW1aP+c=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=sbcglobal.net; h=DKIM-Signature:Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-Id:From:To:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Mime-Version:Subject:Date:X-Mailer; b=iQKshIUSiUFtvzG9hCDGhqaLMJBWOYxoXzym+dP+fWrfEaGcF/pd7ngE+biVlFCQbrFggZ4eLVclQNEL/C2H6kKpkAkIcQONms/LAKWsClXs205OmzveYcRIQ9QOHI9iFEx8Gt6QO85Nt6pj/1pBcuWEPaBXynKGfMmjrufep0Q= ;
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
I have a friend who I just managed to hook on TFT (by giving him
teasers about the cool new campaign world I'm designing... ha ha...).
This afternoon we were out running around, lifting heavy stuff, and
generally trying to figure out what our attribute scores would be.
Neither of us train as runners, so according to the rules, we should
each have MA 10, aka 13 meters in 5 seconds.
Tests on a makeshift track marked on the sidewalk indicated that each
of us can run at least 20 meters (probably more - we only marked out
10 meters...), from a standstill, in 5 seconds. That, of course,
represents a full-out sprint and an unarmored figure, on a flat
surface, running in a straight line.
So, proposed modification: You can sprint at 150% of your MA, but you
must be runnning in a straight line, and you spend 1 fatigue point per
2 turns you sprint (allowing my friend, at ST 8, to run top speed for
1 minute (12 turns) before he is forced to choose between slowing to
10 hexes/turn and falling unconscious).
Base MA: 10 (13 m/turn)
Sprinting MA: 15 (19.5 m/turn)
which more or less fits what we got.
Reasonable? Balanced? I'd be interested in hearing other peoples'
Post to the entire list by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unsubscribe by mailing to email@example.com with the message body