(TFT) convention advice

I was trying for this a couple of years ago but "stuff happens".
So without trying to stir any "partisan" pots I'm curious for some advice as
to where my limited efforts might better be served next Summer... Gen-Con or
Origins?
Currently I'm thinking Origins but I've been a 'hermit' for sooooo long that
I'd appreciate advice from folks what have experienced them in the last
decade and whatnot...
Which event might serve me better to get "players"?
Is one more of a "trade" show than the other these days?
I've got a small budget to focus and would like to hear from folks who've
"been there and got the t-shirt" so to speak...