Re: (TFT) Heroes versus Jay's football pros

Yes it has a couple of kinds of contests that take both sides' skills into account, and yes, you could add something like that to TFT, and there are several house rules that do that.

To model the football thing, though, I think you'd still want say a gifted high school student with as much or more DX as a NFL Pro, to have a hard time beating the pro due to his skill rather than his raw agility, in which case you'd need something like a series of football talents (if you really cared):

Football I, Basic Football IQ 8, 1 point
Football II, High School Football IQ 8, 1 point
Football III, College Football, IQ 9, 1 point
Football IV, Pro Football, IQ 9, 1 point

Each one is a prereq for the other, and confers some bonuses to a football contest, as would other factors such as ST and position-based skills such as Running, Toughness, Throwing...

--- barnswallow@sbcglobal.net wrote:

Speaking of GURPS... It has some deal with margin-of-success that is
used to resolve contests between two characters. The idea is probably
adaptable to TFT, though I haven't tried it. Using that one idea
wouldn't suddenly turn TFT (which doesn't really have a way of
handling that kind of thing) into GURPS, and it  would provide a way
for the pro to give the high schooler the thrashing he has coming (the
pro with DX 25 will almost always have a bigger margin of success than
the high schooler at DX 15).