Re: (TFT) Jobs table: 100,000 simulated soldiers and farmers

--- raito@raito.com wrote:

Quoting PvK <pvk@oz.net>:
>> 3) The best indicator of what typical character power levels is
>> supposed to be,
>> is all of the NPC's in all of the published products.
>
>There aren't that many of those.

There aren't a ton, but it seems to me there are quite a few, especially if you include all of the microgames, Interplay articles, and Land Beyond the Mountain books. More than enough to see that the best adventurers, wizards and some politicians seem to be the highest-point characters. The most powerful characters are very rare, and are maybe 60 points. Lots of people in the 30-35-point range. Strong experienced people are fewer and tend to be say 40-45 points. There are no ordinary worker types with particularly high attributes. Skarg, the bartender of a particularly rough inn in Bendwyn, has retired from the rough stuff which gave him his unusual power level for a barkeep, but he is 39 points (IIRC).

Clearly, the mundane world is NOT rising many attribute levels from their regular jobs. They rise to what they need to do their job and then plateau.

PvK