Re: Change (was: (TFT) Jobs table: ...)

I guess I'm thinking more totalitarian.  Many years ago, I spoke with this
Russian photographer who described the practice of an art that was all but
forbidden under Soviet rule: no galleries, no shows, no schools, no
supplies.  They had to build virtually everything themselves; they mixed
chemicals to create solutions, made their own photo paper, enlargers, etc.
For shows, they would meet in each others living rooms with their
photography in photo albums or small portfolios, maybe inviting some outside
their small community, but generally it was just other artists.  I would see
magic being learned and shared like that in the Noble vs. Common scenario.
Underground networks resisting and teaching, maybe launching a raid to get
supplies needed to further their cause.  The inquisition scenario might ally
high wizards with an all-powerful church and low wizards with other
religions, or no religion at all.

You combine that with your super wealthy nobles and you have the basis for
civil war, or at least constant unrest.  One of the reasons I like TFT (and
this forum) is that it tends to be a bit more open to this sort of play than
many of its contemporary alternatives.