Re: Change (was: (TFT) Jobs table: ...)

"The Mnoren multiplied and prospered. Three hundred years
after Jen Mnoren's first jump, his dependents had found,
mapped, and conquered three hundred seventy-one alternate
Earths. Three had space travel; eleven had magic. All of them
honored the Mnoren rulers."

Neither magic nor "science" seem too "common" and science only a quarter as
likely as magic where either occur.
I use the idea of a circuit to build spells with bigger effects needing
larger capacity components.
I'm not advocating a right or a wrong way to do magic but rather hollering
for clarity in communication from the GM to let players know their vision of
magic before the start of play.
I currently use a quantum fluctuation model to explain the source of magic
but I also have one based on blood and another based on sympathetic
concepts.
Orc's use sacrifice for example while "players" use vacuum genesis to pull
their illusions and creations.
But that's just my idea... not right or wrong but ripe with story potential
I find.