(TFT) TFT: Square Bases

Hey gang!

I had someone write me recently about TFT and this tip came up during our conversation. So I thought I'd share with the group a little trick I've been successfully using these past few years.

I've bought a lot of cheap, pre-painted D&D, Pathfinder, Mage Knight, etc figures over the years and have built up a small collection. Since all of these figures come on round bases I've cut some squares out of black matt board the same diameter (or slightly larger) as the round circles of the bases. I then take a little piece of poster tack (buy it at Staples) and tack the square base under the round one. I always try to quickly line the figures front facing up to one of the edges of the square base. Now I can put the figure on the hex grid and show it's facing a lot easier than I can with a round base. When I'm done I just remove the square cardboard and reuse it on another figure.

I've also used green matt board as well. To make the front facing even more visible I've taken a darker green marker and put a line on one of the edges of all my square chits. That edge is then lined up with the figures front facing, reducing any problems of which way a figure is facing. Now I know which way Bob the Mighty Barbarian is facing during a heated combat!

I've also been doing something similar for three, four and even seven hex figures.

David O. Miller
www.davidomiller.com