Re: (TFT) what Dark city modules have you played? Im thinking of getting

On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 4:00 PM, Jay wrote:

> HOLLY MOLEY MISS MOSES!!! I"LL HAVE ANOTHER!!!
>
> Wow! sorry...
>
> Bodie keeps trying to go wire to wire... my goodness.
> Pretty stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBYKU1eEfR4&feature=player_embedded

Totally threw me.
And that end sprint is leaving the rest of the field in a whole other class.
If you want a top level 3 year old sprinter this year you've got two
choices unless you've got some connections somewhere like Mongolia or a
similar region with existing horse-culture that might have something that
could compete in that style race which is no Grand National (and these guys
aren't Redrum either) {how much more entrapped in the 70's can one guy get?
none of course, none more entrapped}.
This is where the 30-ish max comes in.
When the differences between the two are a nose it seems reasonable to
assume the stats between the two are reasonably equal.
I note that there do seem to be some differences between them.
Bodemeister has run both races now pretty much trying to go from wire to
wire.
I'll Have Another has paced him through the final turn and kicked the final
straightaway.
Bode cut the opening pace quite a bit today, not just for the added
distance I think but maybe some strategy trying to draw I'll Have Another
out of his race plan.
They both were trying to keep going after the finish, they certainly
weren't looking fatigued.
I've been thinking in terms of Talents for race horses and hidden
attributes more generally.
How would a Figure know what a horses stats are?
The idea is a horse might be trained in something like a quick start out of
the gates to break to the lead but you might not want to waste limited
training time on teaching the pony to break early if they have a pretty
average DX and rather focus on areas that enhance the animals ST strength.
Using the idea of cutting these two out of the available set of all three
year-old's this year might work to keep the stats hidden even from the GM
if the actual distribution is well randomized.
Of course I'm way more concerned with horse issues than my players ever
have been.
I wonder if Shadowfax is a horsie version of a poly-stat like a 100pt human?