(TFT) attributes

--- maou.tsaou@gmail.com wrote:
>I like to deal with populations as a whole.

I do too.

>4x games make pretty good world creators and are a very useful campaign
management tool.

Though, almost every 4X game is skewed vs. reality into a conqueror's dream in terms of the value of conquest and the ability to control people.

>Buildings are a really key concept for tying together smaller scales with
larger scales.

Though buildings are a computer game analogy that really isn't about the building per se, in reality. Especially not in pre-industrial reality. Medieval kings did not say, oh, I need to build another smithy building to produce more weapons. That's industrial strategy, and ignores the people, skills, and the separation of cause and effect between what tradespeople did by themselves, and what kings actually thought about.

>So to put 30 on a bell five d6 will do.
It implies the minimum attribute for a human is 5 to 30 rather than 8 to 30
but this is more back of the envelope here.
Something like 1 in 7500 throws is a yahtzee 6.
Three in a row is well over 400 billion I think.
We're at what now 7+ billion?

5d6 "will do" for what?
Consider:
* Average of 5d6 is 17.5. Average total of 3 5d6 is 52.5, a massively powerful character in TFT, and almost no published characters in TFT books have that many points.

PvK