Re: (TFT) How good is 32 points?

I felt the need to chime in here.

A 32 point character is a decent start in TFT.

Im going to speak for the AARP players union. Dichotomous rant.
Please note i am taking some liberties by speaking in for gamers over 50. I
really mean to speak for myself and my friend in California.

"There are 2 issues here: At our advanced ages, we dont have time to sit
around through first level characters in a long term campaign any more. we
have done this SO many times in the last 30 years that it has lost is
punch. I still get a kick out of running in small combats with first or
second level characters. If its a one night romp. In this environ like to
small limited point level combats with quick made expendables. a quick made
expendable doesnt worry about RPG level skills, because when you suck out
points used into talents. Using high level IQ talents lower your ST and IQ.
In this case we use 32 point 3 stat TFT char (as opposed to 2 stat Melee
chars).

"In the long term campaign we like to start out with 34 point characters.
This gives the ability to make slightly interesting and more robust
character"

In my tues night campaign the group is well into its 35 point.

I think I am starting to more enjoy dark cities experience system of 1xp
per sucessful fight. It saves the book keeping of writing down a slash for
each hp inflicted, and finally the dx bonus xp for the person who put on
the final blow.

I would probably enjoy playing 38 point combats against tougher foes for
one shots, but we have tried that with this group.

at 34 I would agree to call him an experienced trooper... @36  a local mob
boss.
@38 a level boss.

Just a thought: if you dont have a tommy gun, a nice 2 -  3d6 blast area
effect blast, or explosive blast does nicely.