(TFT) Nasty Hobbitses

If the problem is hobbits with sha-ken, have you considered the sha-ken
might be the problem, rather than the hobbit?

>From memory (I'm on my phone in a Chinese hotel room): A starting hobbit,
all right, halfling, gets two points less in attributes. In return he gets
+2 with ranged weapons, which is worth most of +2 DX (doesn't do everything
DX does but does the most important job), and +1 damage, which is worth I
guess a bit less than +1 ST (does nothing for passive survivability, but
lighter bows have better two shots a turn DX requirements). That doesn't
seem an unfair trade. Maybe a little better than it should be but not
hideously so.

Though likability is also a big plus.

The sha-ken, on the other hand, has always been a kind of stupid weapon.
Maybe we should let it take the blame? Rapid fire thrown weapons should
probably be implemented through some kind of monkish semi-magical skill,
not merely making it a characteristic of the sha-ken.