Re: (TFT) this new TFT like game popped up. here are some links. Mr 'No self control' bought a copy

> Using the experience-for-talents system, you could build new characters
> exactly as per rules. Then as characters gain experience, they could
> start spending EXP on new skills instead of attribute scores. So
> advanced characters might not be that much stronger or smarter or more
> dextrous than new ones, they would just know a lot more things. I think
> that's a pretty fair reflection of reality. Granted I've never
> playtested this at all, so can't really judge it from that standpoint.

Not quite as per the rules. Using the current system, it takes more EP to
get a new Talent as a character goes up in attributes. This is likely to
reflect that keeping up with what you already know and learning new gets
harder the more there is that you know/do. If the cost to gain a new
Talent is constant, regardless of how advanced the character is, it
breaks. And specifically, it breaks in favor of more, more, more.

I'm also in favor of it being required to be smarter to know more.

Neil Gilmore
raito@raito.com