Re: (TFT) ok im not kidding here... This is 1080 pages of 3 stat game.

Chainmail is not an RPG.  While it sits in the transitional spot from
miniatures wargames to RPGs, its direct descendent (D&D) is not a
tactical game.  TFT is the fence-sitter that directly spawned or
inspired the tactical combat RPGs.  GURPS and Hero share the dice
mechanic (3d6) and armor mechanic, but the structured options within a
turn of TFT, along with movement and facing rules that actually
matter, are what define the Tactical family of RPGs.