Re: (TFT) But I want to charge with my javelin...

I agree with this mostly. The main problem, IMO, with TFT combat is that wounds heal too slowly; if you're a fighter you pretty much get one combat and then you have to rest for a month. The whole system makes a  bit more sense if ST losses are a bit more like fatigue (with some level of actual damage mixed in).