(TFT) Melee Arena software

Hi all,

Recently there was some interest in being able to play quick combats
over the internet. Cyberboard and other online tools were mentioned.

Well,
I've been working for a while now on some software I call Melee Arena. Some of
you may remember I sent out a version some time back. It was fairly difficult
to use and not very elegant, but as I said, I've been working on it, in my
spare time. Analysis of the TODO items on my Melee Arena Trello board indicate
that version 1.0 should be ready for beta testing some time in the next week
or two!

This new version comes in two parts: the server and the client. The
idea is that anyone can run their own server, and anyone can run the client to
log into their own server or other servers. It is not a web application, in
that it does not use a browser, but the two applications do communicate over
the internet or over your own local network.

Version 1.0 is designed only to
allow simple melee arena combat with 1 to 4 characters on each side. I have
plans for future expansion that would allow much more. If you are interested
in trying out the software when I finalize beta 1 let me know.

This software
will be free once I get a stable release, but I don't have a web site or any
internet hosting capability, I would just email out copies. Perhaps, as
development continues, some of you might be interested in becoming a member of
the Melee Arena Trello board.

Also, I was wondering if anyone recalls the
"kingmarco66" counter top icons that were discussed on TFT Brainiac a while
back (for example, bravos1.pdf, bravos2.pdf, etc) -- I am wondering if anyone
knows who created these or could provide rights to use these in this (free)
software? My plan is to allow people to use any counter top icons they like,
but I would like to provide a set of pre-created icons as well.

So, anyone
interested?

Thanks,
Lloyd