Re: (TFT) Melee Arena software

Lloyd,
Are you in need of collaborators to further develop your software?
What do you think about using Github to manager version control?  I have an
account and can set up the project easily.
What are you using to develop the apps?

On Mar 24, 2013, at 1:39 PM, Lloyd Weber wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Recently there was some interest in being able to play quick combats
> over the internet. Cyberboard and other online tools were mentioned.
>
> Well,
> I've been working for a while now on some software I call Melee Arena. Some
of
> you may remember I sent out a version some time back. It was fairly
difficult
> to use and not very elegant, but as I said, I've been working on it, in my
> spare time. Analysis of the TODO items on my Melee Arena Trello board
indicate
> that version 1.0 should be ready for beta testing some time in the next
week
> or two!
>
> This new version comes in two parts: the server and the client. The
> idea is that anyone can run their own server, and anyone can run the client
> log into their own server or other servers. It is not a web application, in
> that it does not use a browser, but the two applications do communicate
over
> the internet or over your own local network.
>
> Version 1.0 is designed only to
> allow simple melee arena combat with 1 to 4 characters on each side. I have
> plans for future expansion that would allow much more. If you are
interested
> in trying out the software when I finalize beta 1 let me know.
>
> This software
> will be free once I get a stable release, but I don't have a web site or
any
> internet hosting capability, I would just email out copies. Perhaps, as
> development continues, some of you might be interested in becoming a member
of
> the Melee Arena Trello board.
>
> Also, I was wondering if anyone recalls the
> "kingmarco66" counter top icons that were discussed on TFT Brainiac a while
> back (for example, bravos1.pdf, bravos2.pdf, etc) -- I am wondering if
anyone
> knows who created these or could provide rights to use these in this (free)
> software? My plan is to allow people to use any counter top icons they
like,
> but I would like to provide a set of pre-created icons as well.
>
> So, anyone
> interested?
>
> Thanks,
> Lloyd
> =====
> "unsubscribe tft"

Geof Gibson - geofgibson@mac.com
Please note my email address.  I will be retiring my old Cox account.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government
fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson