Re: Dodging arrows (was: Re: (TFT) Targeting Horses and their Riders)

> An English longbow arrow would have gone through Japanese armor at 50
> yards.

That's a rather sweeping generalization. Which armour?

Both eastern and western armourers were capable of producing armour which
was proof against the ranged technology of the time. And from my readings,
the weight of a armour was pretty much the same for both the Japanese and
the Europeans. More readings show that there isn't really a difference in
metal thickness, either (both vary considerably).

> arrows.  But I would easily suspect that an English archer at Agincourt
> could
> have done the same thing at 50 to 75 yards.

Surely. I know people today who can do it.

Neil Gilmore
raito@raito.com