Re: (TFT) The Space Gamer (tft@brainiac.com)

You don't hear any more of, 'Hey, we did something creative and we
turned a profit, how about that?' Everywhere we look, we want to make
the most money possible. This is a dangerous, corrupt notion. That's
where you see the advent of programming on the radio, and radio
research, all these silly things. That has made pop music what it is
today. Everything - morals, truth - is all going out the window in
favor of profit.

I think television's become a downright dangerous thing. It has no
moral barometer whatsoever. If you want to talk about something that
is all about money, just watch the television. It's damn dangerous. TV
does not care about you or what happens to you. It's downright bad for
your health now, and that's not a far-out concept. I think watching
the TV news is bad for you. It is bad for your physical health and
your mental health. The music business looks like, you know, innocent
schoolboys compared to the TV business. They care about nothing but
profit.

It's funny how the music industry is enraged about the Internet and
the way things are copied without being paid for. But you know why
people steal the music? Because they can't afford the music. I'm not
condoning downloading music for free. I don't think that's really
fair, but I understand it. If you brought CD prices back down to
$8.98, you would solve a lot of the industry's problems.

-Tom Petty interview quotes

I keep waking up all by myself,
With a blue Jay (hee hee) in my brain.
Flappin' his wings, making me sing,
it was just about to rain.
                      Dreamville

Louisiana rain now is falling just like tears.
Running down my face washing out the years.
Louisiana rain is soaking through my shoes.
I may never be the same when I reach Baton Rouge.
                            Louisiana Rain

There's a southern accent, where I come from.
The young 'uns call it country, the Yankees call it dumb.
                     Southern Accents

I was born a rebel
Down in Dixie on a Sunday morning.
Yeah, with one foot in the grave,
And one foot on the pedal.
I was born a rebel.
                             Rebels

Into the great wide open,
Under them skies of blue.
Out in the great wide open,
A rebel without a clue.
                        Into the Great Wide Open, written with Jeff Lynne

And you may think it's all over.
But there'll be more just like me
Who won't give in;
Who'll rise again.
Can't stop a man from dreaming.
                             Can't Stop the Sun, written with Mike Campbell

But if you shoot at everyone you see,
Can't be my friend 'cause you might shoot at me.
When a Kid Goes Bad

I can't save you from yourself, you gotta want it.
                         You and Me

Oh, my, my. Oh, hell, yes.
Honey, put on that party dress.
Buy me a drink, sing me a song.
Take me as I come 'cause I can't stay long.
                             Mary Jane's Last Dance

But let me get to the point, let's roll another joint,
And turn the radio loud, I'm too alone to be proud.
You don't know how it feels,
You don't know how it feels, to be me.
                                 You Don't Know How it Feels

Excuse me if I
Have some place in my mind
Where I go from time to time.
                               It's Good To Be King

And the things you can't remember tell the things you can't forget
that history puts a saint in every dream Don't you know there ain't no
devil, there's just God when he's drunk and sometime around 2 AM you
end up taking advantage of yourself. Ain't no way around that.  - Tom
Waits 3 songs lyric line strung together

The only difference between a mad man and me is I am not mad. Salvador Dali