Re: (TFT) Supporting TFT

I knew that my opinion would not be a popular one, but it is a realistic one.

On 9/10/2013 11:38 AM, George Dew wrote:
I usually just sit back and enjoy people's comments and viewpoints, but I
want to clarify something here.

Dark City Games IS supporting TFT!  If you purchase a game from DCG, what
you pay for goes towards the physical components, the artwork, and the
stories.

Since it's inception, Dark City Games has lost about $30,000.  How much more
could you love a hobby that that?

-----Original Message-----
From: tft-admin@brainiac.com [mailto:tft-admin@brainiac.com] On Behalf Of
David Jackson
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 10:18
To: tft@brainiac.com
Subject: Re: (TFT) TFT: Quest For A Cure

Not meaning to be contrary here, but this isn't precisely supporting TFT.
It's supporting Nick and Dark City Games.  If that's what you want to do, go
for it.

I prefer a free-for-everyone approach to TFT.  I like the fact that
-nobody- owns TFT.  I like the fact that any rule written for TFT now can
only exist as a modification to the canonical TFT. And I especially like the
community-driven content for TFT.

This is such a niche-of-a-niche-of-a-niche market, approaching it as a
business venture is foolish.  And if you are doing it purely for the love of
the hobby, and aren't considering financial returns - do it for free.

That's my 2 cents.

David Jackson