Re: (TFT) Do any of TFT's PC races have night vision ?

To the basic question.

- "/As far as I can recall it was never mentioned in ITL that any PC race had good night vision or could see underground./ "

You are correct. I just went through all of the PDFs I have of Melee, Advance Melee, Wizard, Advance Wizard, TFT In The Labyrinth. All of the stats and discussion of Other Races as PCs talk about size, likes/hates of other races, stat/attribute limitations, bonuses/adjustments in combat. No where does it discuss any form of vision bonuses.

From Melee:
"FANTASY FIGHTERS
An ELF is like a man, except his MA without armor is 12. In leather,
he moves 10. His movement in other armor is the same as a man's.
Minimum ST = 6; minimum DX = 10; total = 24.
A DWARF is also like a man, except min DX = 6, min ST = 10; total =
24, Dwarves do an extra +1 damage when they hit with hammers or axes.
A HALFLING has ST and DX adding to 20. Min ST = 4; min DX = 12.
Halflings get an extra +3 DX adjustment with missile or thrown
weapons, and do an extra +1 damage when they hit with them."

and

"MONSTERS AND BEASTS
A BEAR has a MA of 8. It normally does 2+2 damage, or 3 dice in HTH combat. Its fur acts as armor, taking 2 hits/attack. Suggested ST = 30 (this is a BIG bear). Suggested DX = 11. A WOLF has a MA of 12. Its bite does 1+1 damage, and its fur stops 1hit/attack.
Suggested ST = 10 (more for dire wolves); suggested DX = 14.
A GIANT SNAKE has MA = 6. Its bite does 1+1 damage. It is very hard to hit; -3 off your DX for any attack on it. Suggested ST = 12; suggested DX = 12. Its side hexes are
considered front hexes for all purposes, because it can strike so quickly.
Other animal figures can be set up along similar lines.
A GIANT (say, 9-12 feet tall) occupies 3 hexes; see sketch for which
sides are "front." His MA is 10 unless he is in armor; count the
number of hexes his FRONT moves. His ST will be AT LEAST 24; it might
be 40 or 50 if he's a tough one. His DX will be low rarely more than
9, even without armor. A giant uses big weapons, Re a spiked club
worth (1+1) for every 10 ST he starts with. A giant gets 2-1 in HTH
combat.
A GARGOYLE (see cover) has DX = 11, ST = 20. Its stony flesh stops 3
hits/attack, and its rocklike hands do 2 dice damage in regular or HTH combat. It uses no weapons. Its MA is 8 on the ground, 16 if flying. It lands to attack, but may land ON you
for HTH...
An ORC is just like a human figure - except evil.
A HOBGOBLIN fights like a man, but its ST and DX total to only 20, with a minimum of
only 6 each.
A GOBLIN also fights like a man, but is even smaller; minimum ST and DX 4 each, totaling
only 18."

Whenever I have played Melee/Wizard or some combination thereof it was typically just quick, down and dirty, lets fight, arena/MMA/WWE fights. The small campaigns my group did with TFT were just that, typically single adventures/dungeons that lasted several weeks Real Time, and typically covered several days or a week of Game World Time. Thus we never really utilized or had the need for such skills/natural talents/genetic traits.

Take care

Kevin