Re: (TFT) The return of Ogre - Rick did something silly.

On Tue, 29 Jul 2014 10:03:13 -0700
Jeffrey Vandine <jlv61560@yahoo.com> wrote:
> *Though maybe if en
> ough of us screamed and held our breath and wept loudly, he might see his w
> ay to do a TFT Kickstarter to do it the way he originally wanted it done be
> fore Thompson screwed the pooch with the original set.  Of course that's
> all pure speculation, and I doubt Thompson (who seems to be a small-minded,
>  petty, and vindictive sort of person) would ever let Steve have the rights
>  back.*

There was a list member some time back that looked into acquiring the TFT
rights.  He had some resources at his disposal, but he'd have had to get a
bank check in the amount he was willing to offer, and Thompson would either
give a yes or no with no further negotiation possible.  Given the very
limited appeal of such a re-release, he decided it wasn't worth the aggravation.

I don't think a kickstarter could possibly help in this situation.  The
closest we'll probably come is the Dark City series of games.