Re: (TFT) The return of Ogre - Rick did something silly.

According to correspondence with Steve Jackson, there won't be any re-issue
 of GEV in the same format as the mini-Ogre.  Personally, I think it's a
real shame, and would love to see all the old minigames come back out in th
e old DVD boxes again, but currently that's not his plan or intent.  The
mini-Car Wars reprint is a teaser for the upcoming Car Wars Kickstarter (so
metime in the next year) which was a "stretch goal" for the Ogre Designer's
 Edition Kickstarter (and wasn't that an odd choice of stretch goal?).  T
hey've been working on it for some time over at SJG.  If the Ogre outcome
 is anything to go by, the Car Wars Kickstarter will be awesome.

Man-t
o-Man was actually pretty good, but it never really worked as a "gateway" g
ame to GURPS for me personally because GURPS just immediately started pilin
g on the complexity to the point where I felt more like an office manager t
han a gamer.  So, while it does a good job of simulating man-to-man comba
t (and could easily be used as the "combat module" for another RPG), for me
 it failed to replace Melee, and GURPS failed to replace TFT as my primary
Fantasy RPG.  Mind you, I own a ton of GURPS books, but mostly as backgro
und information for other games and sources for ideas for TFT.  I know th
at even if SJG acquired the rights to Steve's TFT, the odds of it ever agai
n seeing the light of day would be slim -- it would be in direct competitio
n with GURPS and why would he want to do that?

*Though maybe if en
ough of us screamed and held our breath and wept loudly, he might see his w
ay to do a TFT Kickstarter to do it the way he originally wanted it done be
fore Thompson screwed the pooch with the original set.  Of course that's
all pure speculation, and I doubt Thompson (who seems to be a small-minded,
 petty, and vindictive sort of person) would ever let Steve have the rights
 back.*