Re: (TFT) Re: (TFT) Shield Wall - Defence bonus or armor?

We haven't decided how big the shield wall effect is, I'm sure we can do
something about scaling problems.

I think the most important question is: what is needed to penetrated a
shield wall? Should a weapon that does lots of damage do the trick? Should
a high DX do it? I'm not sure I like either of those answers. Should the
wall be invulnerable until it is disrupted somehow using shield push
actions or a special talent for just that purpose? That sounds more like
the rugby scrum philosophy I've heard for historical battles. I suspect
this needs thought.

---
David
On 15/02/2015 3:43 AM, "PvK" <pvk@oz.net> wrote:

> This is why I suggest reducing the hit chance rather than increasing the
> damage reduction. Historically, shield walls were facing spears, piles,
> javelins and one-handed swords. Unless you want shield walls to be
> invulnerable without very high-damage attacks, having shields stack up hu
ge
> damage reduction may not give what you want.

äÿßÇ⁄-~fl€≠®ß
âߡrâˇR{.n«+â∑õ f¢��)‡∂âöé䛢jˇn��¢û&ú˝ &¬+a∂