[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
(TFT) Re: TFT Digest V4 #463
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: (TFT) Re: TFT Digest V4 #463
- From: David Bofinger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 12:23:33 +1100
- Authentication-results: zappa.brainiac.com; dkim=fail reason="signature verification failed" (2048-bit key) header.d=gmail.com email@example.com header.b=m8qWHZB3
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; bh=Rs0btVroUmtNHsTNs3rTaFwcBOAE++Doqeb3aIj34dk=; b=m8qWHZB38AAFzSZp/TlFw/zAJ12ojaUKyVIO8YLTKeXZVvz03Ep674WGzznD4Vqrgu dFWCwa8yeuW1KYhz0nshlq/u71GhfB3Y/eUAbCwWBjyl8kb4tXHdWGyBufXqqdtMUz9O GucNDmYqA9ZOQU7q2Tbc+j8zVq74h/o7UVjWVz4H30Zttx/XHx48u4lKche6TDVVsQTk BJvXsp9xgKgrT9a6aEDX1f4orNcuPE6XU4Rbo+pLqBXch4BOHhGyL4D503AasyCzalMG 8yAtEmYGfyUyU4eYbAQGR5tNskITbrYzZnj8sfgSbuILfXQD6BmpIou2M/1jBMf62Eu4 R75w==
- In-reply-to: <201511301851.tAUIpPAF032485@zappa.brainiac.com>
- References: <201511301851.tAUIpPAF032485@zappa.brainiac.com>
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
> 0 = inantimate objects. (Plant life at very slow move?)
> 1 = Animals w/o backbones
> 2 = Fish
> 3 = Amphibians & Reptiles
> 4 = Birds
> 5 = Rodents
> 6 = Hoofed Animals
> 7 = Flesh-eating Mammals
> 8 = Ocean Mammals
> 9 = Apes & Monkeys
> 10 = Humans
TL;DR but I picked this up skimming. My first instinct is that it's got to
be wrong. By these definitions a fighter who owned a pet monkey might be
well advised to let it handle the thinking.
IQ 7 lets you buy weapon skills. I don't know if anyone's taught a monkey
to fence, but I would guess someone in a circus has tried so probably they
Great apes will occasionally use clubs but that doesn't require a talent.
Some apes have been taught e.g. sign language but that has no IQ threshold
unless you call it literacy in which case it's IQ 8.
Maybe chimps are IQ 4 to 6? That leaves prootwaddles slightly smarter than
most chimps which seems right.
Birds vary a lot. Some birds, mostly corvids and parrots, are really quite
smart, probably maxing out at IQ 5 or 6. On the other hand ratites tend to
Dolphins aren't as smart as popularly imagined.
Working at the trailing edge of intellect reminds me of when I wrote up IQ
7 spells for prootwaddle wizards. Magic Rock!
Post to the entire list by writing to email@example.com.
Unsubscribe by mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org with the message body