RE: (TFT) a survey of Melee and Wizard editions

I'm sorry for delurking,  PvK always rubs me the wrong way.  For instance; in the word-count-analysis of ITL, the word "will" is ranked as the most frequently appearing at 590 occurrences.  The book is full of phrases like "the GM will", "the Player will", etcetera.

But PvK asks "I wonder why 'will'? "   Causing me to wonder if he has ever actually read ITL.  Which has now triggered me.  As I have always felt he was anti-TFT.  Like another contributor who's answer was always "g.u.r.p.s. is better".

I have no stomach for a flame war with such hard headed negative minded people.  I return to radio silence.  /grouchy's submarine sinks back beneath the surface.

David Michael Grouchy II

> Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 08:23:38 +0100
> From: ante@Update.UU.SE
> To: tft@brainiac.com
> Subject: RE: (TFT) a survey of Melee and Wizard editions
>

> But it do sound nice, eh?
>
> "will roll dice"
>
> :)
>
> /andreas
>
> On Tue, 15 Mar 2016, Peter von Kleinsmid wrote:
>
>> Huh. I wonder why "will"?
>>
>> At 09:35 PM 3/15/2016, David Michael Grouchy II wrote:
>>> Mike,
>>>
>>> Fantastic work. For an old TFT nerd such as myself this comparison is a
>>> fascinating read. I enjoyed every detail.
>>>
>>> By way of thanks I offer the following. Not as interesting as your work,
>>> to say the least, but another type analysis. Here are the top ten results
>>> of Word-Count-Analysis from Melee (2nd edition), Wizard, and ITL.
>>>
>>> :)
>>> Mike Grouchy
>>>

>>> Melee Density Wizard Density ITL Density
>>> 1. figure 209 figure 237 will 590
>>> 2. weapon 141 spell 232 roll 466
>>> 3. attack 122 wizard 178 dice 438
>>> 4. hits 110 hex 175 iq 392