Re: A couple more Environmental Spells. - Jack's comments.

I hold that fantasy role playing in essence is "reality simulation" structured as a set of nested formal systems ah la a game of chess as abstract simulation of mass-combat battlefield tactics which is a meta-game played in the meta-meta game-world of Blackmoor which I note owing to the existance of the Metagaming catalog as a whole and SJ Games projects I associate directly under this outlook such as Illuminati and the GURPS Sid Mier's Alpha Centauri supplement which dovetailed with the same approach I was hashing through for large scale frames for game-worlds with a frame conceptually equivalent to the game-board in something like Monopoly as defined by its raison d'etre kindda like a mission statement if "Let's play Monopoly" is looked at as a kind of social contract for entertainment along the lines of suspension of disbelief.
Specifically Illuminati is a game of dynamic interactions between conflicting social structures both formalized as well as informal and any associated infrastructure required to support the activities and functions of such orderings as detailed in its charter. These are loosely termed Units with the modern military conception a highly formalized example as opposed to a highly informal example like a TFT mailing list circa 2017 on a skynet/big brother close to a "information age" that much like pirates, mountain men, or wild west cowboys is comming to its close in roughly the one score span of a generation which are the 5 second turns at the scale many Actions need to affect to "game" social engineering aka control the textbooks, boil the frog slowly style while something like laceing the relief aid food with chems meant to render the victim's sterile is bringing the pot to a full rolling boil before froggys bath. It's not quite outright naked genocide but it's effectivly a Assassin's Creed, Metal Gear, Dishonored mission solved via the direct assault foregoing any stealth approach entirely idea noted here because effects across multiple scales and meta/mini games of given Actions frequently are highly effective focuses for adventure scenarios either by proxy such as hired assassins or by given as might result from taking leadership of a influential organization like a mafia don (the crime family unit is taken as a follower in a total dispotic control model which "don't lift a finger without da boss's say so...) and that brings Me to the reason I mention all this...
If 1pt dam = 5.5ft lbs force produced by 1pt St effort and the social structure represented was conducive to the fielding of martial units focused on using large scale spell effects as a cooperative gestalt as opposed to individual members spells in mass how large would the unit of wizards and apprentices w/Aid need be to approach something like Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
The other aspect indirectly alluding to aspects of large scale Actions in gameplay that don't resort to the neather regions of a hierarchical structural separation of Players for resolution would be location, location, location which, using Earth as the model for example, would be Antarctica in the same way Verne pinned Florida for Moon launches...
Which... uhhhhh...
Aw the hell with it.
Like I have any perceived sanity objectively out there to protect anymore so may as well go all in with the "Luna" lunacy and say Jay wonders if somebody with enough crazy to be reading this at the moment while retaining real world functionality might help a freak out by helping Me out of the doubt hole I've dug Myself into considering the shape of the Earth aka I can NOT demonstrate a spherical Planet which bothers Me as I didn't expect the thing to totally balk Me... The term science isn't very specific these days like a great deal of language and invoking the term to justify an assertion is based on the faith any spritual outlook asks believers to accept. This is susceptible to social engineering ergo I note it for the correspondence as well as My crazy conundrum concerning curvature and taking a Thomas stance to topology generally in keeping with My Ha Satan advocation that pretty much jerks this jerks knee constantly such that the term modus operandi applies only if the same can be said of saliva excreted by proverbial canines triggered by the toll Pavlov audiologically levied theoretically typing as equivalent to a conscious plan of action rathet than a manchurian candidate kindda thing typing of social engineering...
Anyway, good morning Worms Your honors...
Any colour You like

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile