Finish Him Cobra Kai

Don't let this get to a crossroads I BEG You bad kid...

Anyhoo... OT is where I filed it because... OT
Been poking for a bit as the net dies its slow death or gets the McMurt ratchet down pill-ow
Y'all know the ol saw

Here is the list of the material that Metagaming was working on but never marketed (as per Interplay Magazine):

Interplay 2, p. 5

The following were requested from designers:

  • TFT Mounted Combat Microgame

  • TFT Ship Combat Microgame (see Interplay 6, below)

  • TFT Religious Rules Module

  • TFT Buildings Rules

  • TFT Flying Microgame

  • TFT Campaign Guides

Interplay 3, p. 4

  • DRAGONSLAYER (possibly became DRAGONS OF THE UNDEREARTH, in the LORDS OF THE UNDEREARTH boardgame vein)

  • HIGH NOON (TFT western RPG, see TFT: WILD WEST in Interplay 2, p. 13)

  • IN THE NAME OF JUSTICE (TFT superhero RPG)

  • SUPERTANK series (HELLTANK and HELLTANK DESTROYER only two done)

Interplay 3, p. 16

  • AGAIN, DANGEROUS AIR-EATERS (3rd game)

  • BATTLE FOR THE PLANET OF THE AIR-EATERS (4th and final game)

Interplay 6, p. 1-2

  • TFT ship combat module along the lines of RAMSPEED

  • STARLEADER: WARSHIPS

  • CONQUERORS OF UNDEREARTH (combination Microquest-Microgame)

Source here http://www.gamecabinet.com/info/Metagaming2.html

Interesting notes on Gamelords expansions reworked after Metagaming gave up the ghost and how Chaosium fumbled the pick up of Gamelords after the Metagaming implosion.

The other two pieces of the TFT series were altered to become City of the Sacred Flame and Within the Tyrant's Demesne.”

What was left of Gamelords was to be transferred to Tadashi Ehara (Chaosium) in 1986, but he was supposed to pay some money for us to write the rest of Haven, as well as some other stuff. No money, no supplementary writing. Glub glub glub, lost beneath the waves.” (Walter Hunt quote who co-authored MechWarrior with Rich Meyer who was partnered with Kerry Lloyd to head up Gamelords from what I gather from the source page.)

This article goes into a bit more detail on what was in the line when Metagaming went down project-wise.

https://angantyrs-games-things.blogspot.com/2013/10/proposed-metagaming-fantasy-trip.html

White Box D&D but w/ RULES!

one way or another