Re: Weapons for pulling you down / off balance.

Rick -

First, I like your idea. And I love the discussion you've spawned. It's given me much to think about - many thanks.

One quibble tho: TFT is intended as a rules-light, LOW abstraction combat system. It lacks the "Difficulty Class" abstraction at the base of D&D and most OSRs. It also is (mostly) free of the "Saving Throw" abstraction.

What do I mean by "low abstraction" in a TFT context? Think of it this way: would your fencing coach spend any time planning for an opponent's AC or SV% or advantage/disadvantage or resistances or similar abstractions? No? Then TFT doesn't, either.

Cheers!

- Jack