[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Name of a fighting style - anti HTH.
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Name of a fighting style - anti HTH.
- From: Robert Ward <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2018 14:41:37 +0100
- Authentication-results: mail.brainiac.com; dkim=pass (2048-bit key) header.d=dolwen.com firstname.lastname@example.org header.b="I+i7DaTB"; dkim=pass (2048-bit key) header.d=messagingengine.com email@example.com header.b="Ywk6WAMZ"
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=dolwen.com; h= content-transfer-encoding:content-type:date:from:in-reply-to :message-id:mime-version:references:subject:to:x-me-sender :x-me-sender:x-sasl-enc; s=fm3; bh=K6wqZijYxRaC3c6Te46xTcaQuVh3z tdCcfR+Z4/WuFs=; b=I+i7DaTBqrceE19O7It/nyDwPH9/bdD8L0jdzrYTbBmAZ vhS6rfSVsyP0+E5J8WLT+IWbVi2RqnX8lfNctupC6fysDrgY9qhBE7IEJu34DAIu zc613eTQFreONWnk9g6GwjdUYZhLrRJZrZYRauP0vEgfw2FdVHkZMeaMKXJBN58H gpB7qU6TkqRrxMAcQ0iI36WAhmZZDkf1xatWFfSd/WZukRSGEvDq+FhINT0RDT9f X0vW3g/+JYdTuQ6mx0b1gIXqcxLmMlgYGtUYgwlCZeyvAPNstO457Csf9HKlqBhY atziskCOTM1x5VR+kyv4hHT18jMVP9ESz6dtLDS+Q==
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d= messagingengine.com; h=content-transfer-encoding:content-type :date:from:in-reply-to:message-id:mime-version:references :subject:to:x-me-sender:x-me-sender:x-sasl-enc; s=fm3; bh=K6wqZi jYxRaC3c6Te46xTcaQuVh3ztdCcfR+Z4/WuFs=; b=Ywk6WAMZ504RwLa4U62xA/ a/vbhAHy9PRUfiEq6+uZzY9piCu7hkEMFUv6WPinvE8ilpcuANlqhf3waI+KcC/N 0cUnfDJNBiz+caUJSrNeE78AHF1uOt/jdxEqc742Cq3SvHfqaTfrNV4G0S+WhHOE 8GwRQ6mOo1ZbnIpdJR6viip21E5Wdd6iXt6jwAvPPvly7KvJSQRsyoyDwRjtau3+ 9T5nZXL0hJVA8j7Traf2MbhOB7p8ITDBulbjINp5VRWRAp3RftzhVHeM4uf+SRHu lwNHelqyC2RqgGSHKvRhMR94WjvdAqUSHjuyHuIC9X2cesMl52QNOqWJpVVuHtFw ==
- In-reply-to: <6A51246A-057C-4D42-8428-B868B2527FAA@lightspeed.ca>
- References: <110E202A-0078-4D16-ABEB-2412D9D62FEC@lightspeed.ca> <1851423201.1338443.1441332420596.JavaMail.firstname.lastname@example.org> <6A51246A-057C-4D42-8428-B868B2527FAA@lightspeed.ca>
I'm sorry I can't help Rick, but I do think this is a really nice idea, regardless of the label.
I also like the idea of a generic label, or possibly extending its utility depending on whether HTH is low frequency in the campaign (as it is in ours). eg, if something like "Stability" or "Balanced", it suggests a trait that might also keep the fighter on their feet when traversing fallen bodies, difficult ground. Something like "Wary Fighter" suggests a more specific ability to read and counter opponents, ie more likely to be limited to HTH.
But labels aside, what kind of bonus are you thinking of? eg to the single roll for success? Maybe a free attack on the incoming figure, as TBH I think even the toughest MMA grapplers would be VERY hesitant to go low and try to take down someone armed (and trained!) with an axe, sword, or other melee weapon. I suppose if the MMA had to try HTH, they would probably try to counter off their foes attack.
On Fri, 10 Aug 2018, at 03:41, Rick wrote:
> But I’m looking for a name of a fighting style which could logically
> give people a bonus to stop goblins from jumping you in HTH.