Re: Drop Weapon Magic Item?

Have you checked the descriptipn? I think it is an arrow, with the associated issues, not a hand weapon you hold onto.

Sent on my Samsung Galaxy Note5.

-------- Original message --------
From: Joseph Beutel <mejobo@comcast.net>
Date: 8/29/18 11:41 PM (GMT+00:00)
To: tft@brainiac.com
Subject: Drop Weapon Magic Item?

A magic weapon with “Drop Weapon” (power 1 or 2) seems to be a very cost-effective upgrade. It costs only $500 and seems to me much better than getting +1 damage or +1 DX from getting a Fine weapon made (which would cost a similar amount or more for most weapons). Granted I may be interpreting the rules incorrectly - my impression is that there is no ST cost to ‘power’ this spell. A warrior equipped with this magic item simply hits their enemy with the weapon and they are guaranteed to drop their weapons and shields.

Has anyone come up with a modification that balances this a little bit better?