Re: Drop Weapon Magic Item?

MY what an ambiguous item. Here?s how it?s listed on Page 31 is AW:
?Item (again, often an arrow) makes victim drop his weapon.?
It?s unclear to me that ?victim? means wearer (compare Slow Movement which explicitly applies to wearer of the item). My interpretation is that it applies the same effect as the spell (which can cause any one hand to drop what it?s holding, hence shields and other items are an optional target) to anyone it hits. If it applies to ?holder? of the item then it seems somewhat paradoxical? even as an arrow, it would drop itself or the bow!