[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Drop Weapon Magic Item?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Drop Weapon Magic Item?
- From: Joseph Beutel <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 17:41:49 -0500
- Authentication-results: mail.brainiac.com; dkim=pass (2048-bit key) header.d=comcast.net email@example.com header.b="TUw3sFuv"
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=comcast.net; s=q20161114; t=1535582510; bh=XEYX43fzRCxAjA784W/8BAM4KIAyoI66r619C76oUuA=; h=Received:Received:From:Content-Type:Mime-Version:Subject: Message-Id:Date:To; b=TUw3sFuvqy8WbpAOK8uAp0I1QHqTDF8FrpiEnicjDizqYRw9d+6vCLRauTxnYx3kb TTB8OFGgz0hcG3z6/PxUVwWh9QT0n7Sw1M7573d7YQkjV5XDvPxq1bibLBEum9PPyl xDdqTan8Qw073kX7Eny+Ea18LOkVzsl2l8/5RFvu+17epN70/f3AZ1PAse74zh35mY psQRmVMEfo1z7wKQ0tv+EVTEcGx8fx6DZlb2I25ZsMRKQF5v1/nnZPSJAipMNtTbtQ v+6nl1+/O8nVvTxULMTiU75qkMf/eDRmO0/HRAk+GfQWZeQB5jEpzLaad36VfzGIK6 CfVCHsX+awc7g==
A magic weapon with “Drop Weapon” (power 1 or 2) seems to be a very cost-effective upgrade. It costs only $500 and seems to me much better than getting +1 damage or +1 DX from getting a Fine weapon made (which would cost a similar amount or more for most weapons). Granted I may be interpreting the rules incorrectly - my impression is that there is no ST cost to ‘power’ this spell. A warrior equipped with this magic item simply hits their enemy with the weapon and they are guaranteed to drop their weapons and shields.
Has anyone come up with a modification that balances this a little bit better?