Re: "Long Lankin do not perceive illusions at all"

Creep Factor 8, Mr. Sulu.

LL: Tucks victims into trees, eats the eyeballs first, sees invisible characters, sees perfectly in the dark, and follows you around until your torches go out... yeah, that's weird!

IMO, "horror movie" motif is one of the times when RPGs work best.   Give your group suspense, make them start wondering what it is that is following them, make them start second guessing themselves...  They remember that adventure!

-- CB