It has arrived...

I got the FedEx shipping alerts, but didn’t connect the dots.  I knew something was coming.  Maybe it was the shirt I ordered?
I then suddenly saw a flurry of activity on this list.
What’s this?  People receiving boxes?
I knew the container had arrived and we were getting close, but it has been a while.

There it was.  I came home from dinner.  Austin, TX.  Made in China.
After all this time.
The Kickstarter.
All those years with that little game and those delicate cut out markers.
And now, clutching a box cutter.  Freakin’ adult Christmas is what this is.
Here we go!
Carefully slicing the tape.  Opening the flaps.  There’s a little piece of cardboard obscuring my view.

At last.  The bags and boxes are coming out.
It even has That New Game Smell.

Oh no.  Shrink wrap.  These are pristine.  Once this is unwrapped, it an never been in this perfect state again!?

I’m not sure if I can bring myself to unwrap this.
I’m sure I will.
At some point.
But... it’s perfect now.

Sent from my iPad