Re: Weapons for pulling you down / off balance.

Do you think the chance of an unison would depend on the hooking skill of the infantry, or not?

--
David

On Sat, 4 May 2019, 13:16 Peter von Kleinsmid, <pvk@oz.net> wrote:
At 11:17 PM 5/1/2019, Rick wrote:
> > And, the odds look a bit too good to me when there IS an
> opportunity, unless you developed them further so that various
> talents and situations might help. One solution would be to drop
> the "opportunity" requirement and just make them all take another
> die to achieve or one less die to resist.
>
>NOT SURE WHAT YOU MEAN BY RESIST.

I meant like the 5d roll to avoid being unhorsed when hooked. Instead
of the "victim attacked you but their roll was divisible by 4" means
you have an opportunity, and if you take it and roll 3/DX the rider
needs to roll 5/DX or fall, I'd tend to favor you can always try to
hook someone, but it's 4/DX to do so, and a 4/DX for them to not fall
(adjusted to be easier if they have horseman or even more if expert horseman).

I think billhooks were useful because it allowed mobs of lowly troops
to have a chance to pull down a mounted knight (whose armor they'd be
hard pressed to penetrate), but not that they were something that
made it easy to do so. So I'd want it to be quite unlikely for a
knight with Expert Horseman to be dismounted by a few attempts.

PvK